meeting 19th September Bendrigg
from Myles, Chris and Martin
Meeting Monday 21st November 7.45pm
to repair club laser
to run safety boat course if required
to chase Chris M on webcam
to sort out store room
to change code number on store room
to organise safety boat service
to renew grab bag
+ others to advertise
24 hour race
to post link to RYA advice on blue green algae on website done
to consider putting all club boats in one block not practical
to advertise 24 hour race on website etc. done, link to results on
to deal with urinal done
to consider /vet webcam proposal see agenda item
to repair club laser not done yet; boat now unuseable
safety boat course to be run if demand no courses run
over the summer.
Will do safety boat training (6 people at a time) late autumn if
Blue Green and Green Algae
was concerned that there was much more on view than usual. Tony suggested that
it could be the process of oxygen sinking that had promoted its growth. Everyone
agreed that it was worse everywhere this year but that the RYA policy of
allowing users to decide for themselves once acquainted with the facts was the
Morphet is still working on the project. Ian
explained that there is a problem connecting the web cam to the server at the
moment but that it will get resolved. The price is still the same and he will
chase Chris to confirm prices to Andrew by email.
was some discussion about the need for an anemometer or a view of a
windsock/tree when installed.
said that the room was in a mess. It
was agreed that the initial plan to do signs to show where things should be put
would be implemented and that buckets would be purchased to store anchors on the
floor. (Action Geoff/Ian).
door has been left open so the code number should be changed. (Action
state of the boat is good but the motor needs a service sometime after the AGM.
(Action Myles book in early)
was some discussion about when a new boat would be required and the potential
cost. It was agreed that probably the best way forward was to spend £1500 on
new tubes when required, as this would prolong its life.
grab bag and some of its contents needs replacing. A spare bung should be
included. (Action Geoff)
24 Hour Race.
successful. Andrew will issue Pete with a cheque to cover the insurance and
entry fee when he sends him the receipts.
would like ideas for a flier, from those taking part, to encourage other members
to join in next year. This is to be sent out with the membership pack next year.
Geoff will mention it in his AGM letter. (Action Ian/Geoff.)
Sedbergh Canoe Club
are members of KSA and hope to rent a twelve foot corner of Joes field to
erect a rack/drying shed. They will continue to be group members and access the
lake through KSA boat park. There
was some concern that this access could affect future KSAs plans for the boat
park. It was explained that KSA have sole rights for the use of the lake for
watersports and that the access lanes on the boat park are part of the agreement
with BWW. SCC have been advised that they need to remove their current canoe
cage from the boat park. This area and the lockers in the club house will then
be available for other use.
have now paid their membership.
will be no Miracle Open next year as only 4 boats came this year and 3 the
Enterprises want to come here next year. Geoff said that the Bendrigg annex
which sleeps 21 plus camping could be available for the event if at the right
time of the year.